Human Resources Manager – St. Louis, MOApply Now
Balke Brown Transwestern is employee owned, and growing with their multi-family division, 2B Residential named Property Management Company of the Year by the St. Louis Apartment Association, and a Great Place to Work by the National Apartment Association in 2020. Offering competitive salary, flexible in-office/onsite hours and a great benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, ESOP and 401(k).
SUMMARY: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the Human Resources function for 145 employees spread across 40 multi-family and commercial locations in the greater St. Louis region. This one-person department is supported by a PEO relationship with ADP TotalSource.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent, five to eight years progressively responsible Human Resources experience.
- PHR, SHRM-CP or SPHR certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds. This includes having the ability to influence management when appropriate.
- Understands the organizational structure and articulate fundamentals of business and how the units tie together.
- Able to champion new ideas, manage change, and execute on action plans.
- Experience in all HR concentration areas such as benefits; compensation; workforce planning and employment; employee relations; occupational health, safety and security; strategic management; employee development; and training.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strategic thinker who can see long-term goals and balance against short and intermediate term needs.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Sharepoint and ADP platforms preferred.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and company-wide business correspondence.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Written Communication–Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Leadership–Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others..
- Business Acumen–Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics–Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support–Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Professionalism–Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Professional In Human Resources (Preferred)
- SHRM Certified Professional (Preferred)
- One location
Manage high volume, recruitment by posting open positions, screening applicants, coordinating interviews and ensuring that fair and complaint hiring is conducted by managers.
Generate all employee offer letters, process background check screenings, collect and input data for new hire credentials in various software systems and ADP.
Provide necessary, sensitive and timely communication to outgoing and incoming employees as a result of acquisitions or offboarding assets.
Consult, provide guidance and ensure proper documentation and records on employee-relations issues including but not limited to employee counseling, discipline, separations, promotions, or transfers ensuring compliance with company policy as well as federal, state and local legal regulations.
Respond to inquiries regarding company policies, benefits, procedures, and programs.
Host a once monthly new hire, benefits meeting as well as one-off’s as needed to ensure all new employees have necessary information on benefits offerings.
Coordinate exit interviews and communication of consistent feedback to management.
Ensure execution of established training requirements, programs and annual performance appraisal process.
Source and organize training and development opportunities for designated staff members.
Support corporate and commercial team members with administrative support on matters related to professional compliance, document preparation and organization.
Assume an active role in organizing employee recognition efforts, company events and team building initiatives.
Serve as liaison for certain IT matters as needed.
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.